Lemon Ginger Throat Soother
Feeling sick is never fun. Start feeling better with a tea that will boost your immune system and soothe your throat with the refreshing taste of lemon and ginger!
Ingredients and Health Benefits
- Lemon Peels are high in antioxidants and may support oral health, boost your immune system, promote heart health, and have antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
- Elderberries and flowers of elderberry are packed with antioxidants and vitamins that may boost your immune system. They can help tame inflammation, lessen stress, and help protect your heart, too. Some experts recommend elderberry to help prevent and ease cold and flu symptoms
- Slippery Elm is a tree and the inner bark is sometimes used as medicine. It can be used to treat coughs, sore throats, colic, diarrhea, constipation, hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), bladder and urinary tract infections, and for expelling tapeworms. Slippery elm is also used for protecting against stomach and duodenal ulcers, for colitis, diverticulitis, GI inflammation, and too much stomach acid.
- Marshmallow Root can be used for pain and swelling (inflammation) of the mucous membranes that line the respiratory tract so it is ideal to treat a dry cough, inflammation of the lining of the stomach, Heartburn, diarrhea, stomach ulcers, constipation, urinary tract inflammation, and stones in the urinary tract.
- Echinacea can be used to alleviate pain, as an anti-inflammatory, an anti-bacterial and has immune-boosting properties. Research has also proven echinacea can reduce the chances of catching a common cold by 58 percent and reduce the duration of the common cold by almost one-and-a-half days.
- Licorice Root also known as “sweet root.” due to its extract that can be 30 to 50 times sweeter than sugar. It can be effectively used for heartburn, leaky gut syndrome, cough/cold (as an expectorant), immune-boosting, adrenal fatigue, abdominal cramp relief, and PMS/menopause symptoms.
- Red Honeybush contains polyphenols that boost the immune system and reduces inflammation. It also contains minerals such as manganese, magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, copper, and zinc.
- Rose Petals are a rich source of vitamin A, C, and E which can help hydrate and tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and dark circles. Roses contain anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and may help in many skin conditions including, acne.